Sunday, December 17, 2006

English Connection AWOL

I believe that Jonathan/Yoni will not be posting today. From talking to him Saturday night he mentioned that he probably wouldn’t have internet access, the reason he gave me was that his semester had ended, but that they didn’t have exams until after winter break, while those of us in the country of the United States have exams this week. Unfortunately I was not expecting to post anything today and therefore don’t have anything that’s exiting or interesting to tell you about. However, for the record I have found out that the method of integration I talked about last post is called Tabular Integration by Parts. The following is in fact rather old news, at least for those of us who are geeks, so if you have never seen this enjoy if you have enjoy it again.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if


However, I will point out that this only works if you know the word in question, this isn’t mentioned in the text. For example “eoxetpneaormus” is a word you might have heard of however “pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis” this you might not know. I am 100 percent sure that you will never have seen this “hilrcibottaotndiianiuuifbis”.

1 comment:

  1. The reason I could not blog was because I'm staying by my great aunt in London who has no internet. I am currently in the British Library with an unauthorized connection from some stroke of luck.

    ReplyDelete