Sunday, July 26, 2009

Harmonograph

Some of you may remember a harmonograph I constructed a very long time ago. A few months ago it was noticed by someone from Barnes & Noble who was involved in the soon-to-be book The Art and Science of Spirals. Below is the picture that I expect to be in the book when it comes out in August.


In fact, they even wanted to pay me for this, and asked for an invoice. I then created my first invoice ever, No 001 and sent it to them. Its copied below.


I N V O I C E

Jonathan C. Lansey
[address removed]
Right to Publish Image Sold to:
Barnes & Noble, Inc.

[address removed]

New York, NY 10011

Invoice NoDateDate Uploaded to Ftp Server
0011/28/091/22/09
QuantityDescriptionPrice
1Rights to use image drawn by my Harmonograph in the book The Art and Science of Spirals.$100.00
and a free copy of the book when it is published
Invoice Total in US Dollars$100.00

And to my near disbelief, they actually sent a check a bit later!

So expect another blog post when I get mailed my free copy of the book - hopefully soon! (they say "August").

1 comment:

  1. Very cool!
    Check out this online harmonograph
    http://swantesson.com/harmonograph.html

    ReplyDelete