Friday, January 29, 2010

Time Lapse

Some time ago I came across this fantastic hack for Canon cameras: CHDK.  This allows you to take your standard Canon point-and-shoot camera and do amazing things with it.  It basically opens a whole giant bunch of settings to the user and also lets you run scripts.

I have wanted to play with it for a while, but didn't want to risk breaking our only camera.  However, before we went to Israel we got a new camera.  This meant that I could mess around with the old camera all I wanted!  So, I pointed the camera out our bedroom window and tried out a time lapse (intervalometer) script.  There are two versions of the video below.  The first is the photos without any editing and the second is after running them through Picasa's "I'm Feeling Lucky" filter.  Which do you think is better?  Also, clicking through on the videos to their YouTube pages will let you watch them full size in HD (Oooooooh.....).

No comments:

Post a Comment