Thursday, July 20, 2006

Beware of flying crows

My current bank is Wachovia which has about a billion branches and ATMs near my house. However, this summer I am in the middle of nowhere. When I used Wachovia's online branch finder (why else?) to find the nearest branch to Brookhaven National Laboratory it came up with a result 26.85 miles away:
University of Bridgeport
221 University Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06604
First of all, note that the nearest bank branch is over twenty-six miles away!
Second, for those of you unfamiliar with the geography of the area, here is a map:I live by the red arrow (note the particle accelerator ring), and Bridgeport (green arrow) is across Long Island Sound. Granted, I could take the Port Jefferson ferry, but still, 102 miles on roads is a bit much.
Fortunately, I was able to find a bank branch that didn't involve such a trek.

1 comment:

  1. It's not 102 miles on road if you go on the ferry is it? But if you're driving that kind of distance to make a deposit, you may well go to New York City. It has way more kosher resturants than the University of Bridgeport.

    ReplyDelete