Friday, July 13, 2007

Cherry Gore

In addition to gardening, one of my favorite pastimes is cooking. In order to take advantage of the short cherry season, Eli and I spent July fourth making THREE awesome cherry recipes - which all involved cherry gore.
Here they are in order of how good I think they tasted: Black Forest cherry cake, cherry clafoutis and finally cherry ices. While the black forest cherry cake and the cherry clafoutis tasted better, they were nowhere nearly as entertaining (gory) to make. Below you will see the video of pureeing the cherries to make the ices as well as the finished product. Just look at that color!!!

8 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention that Black Forest cherry cake is really called: Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte. I'm not sure which is harder to pronounce: this or zwetschgenkuchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get rid of all the pits? Surely it would take forever by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. With a cherry pittter, viewable in the second picture of cherry gore. It kind of shoves the pit out of the cherry with minimal cherry wasted. VERY cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. However, it still takes forever...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to point out that this is a very good post for a Friday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha lump, thats hilarious. a very unlucky day for those cherries. I'm glad you took the pits out first so they didn't feel any of the blending afterwords.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unless those weren't cherries you were pitting. Maybe they were blo... No no they are cherries. I mean you've got a picture of them right there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I might add that all of the above were delicious, with my favorite being the black forest cake.

    ReplyDelete