Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Aryeh Cooks: Summer 2011 Part 1

The purpose of this post is to leave you salivating.  I am not going to give instructions on how to make any of these things here.  However, if there is something that you all want to know how to make I may do a regular Aryeh Cooks post for it.

I am on summer break and as a result I now have time to cook and bake.  Needless to say I have been doing so.  My parents get to enjoy what I make and the rest of my immediate family gets to drool when I send them pictures.  Now it is your turn to drool.  These are what I have made so far (baguettes excluded, because you already know about those).

Foccacia a pizza like thick bread.
 Ciabatta an Italian white bread.
 Tortellini a small Italian stuffed pasta (vidalia onion, ricotta and spinach) .
 
 Sesame seed crusted, soy sauce based marinated salmon with a rissoto like treatment of brown rice and Israeli couscous, all topped with a sauce based on the marinade.
 Blintz, stuffed with a potato, onion filling and also with the same vidalia, ricotta and spinach filling I used for the tortellini (I made these for Shavuot).  And of course I did make my own crêpes.
 Palak Paneer with onion and cumin seed naan.  I also made the paneer for the dish.
 Dessert.  Lets start with the Cinnamon Buns.
 Chocolate Cinnamon Babka, with a streusel topping.
Finishing up with the biggest chocolate layer cake I have ever made, six layers of cake and six layers of pastry cream (so 12 layers).

If you are drooling all over your keyboard then my job here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment