Sunday, July 08, 2012

Buy all the things Credit Card Design

Below is an image of my freshly markered credit card, from one of my favorite memes, the X all the Y meme based on a graphic by Hyperbole and a Half.

I had previously tried several times to submit my own image for my card but they consistently rejected my designs without explanation, even when I drew them myself. Finally I submitted a completely white "photo" which was accepted - giving me the canvas upon which I drew the above.

Below you can see my attempted designs which were all rejected by Captialone. Special thanks to my brothers and Nathan for helping me come up with and tweak some of these.






8 comments:

  1. Great to see that you are truly embracing capitalism because our economy needs the stimulus. Also, nice canvas idea. Quote from credit card design reviewer: "Reject ALL the card design things!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome :-) I don't get why Capital One gets to decide how you decorate your card. Fortunately they accepted my design, but it was hardly as adventurous as your awesome MS Paint job, or the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luke! Do we get to see what your design is?

      Delete
  3. you fall right into that category lol
    http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/299886-need-a-debit-card-look-for-debit-card-photos-on-twitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fanny,
      You'll notice that he blacked out the digits on the card. The sample ones are a just the numbers 1-12. The one thing you can tell from his picture is that his card number has at least one 0 in it.

      Delete
  4. My all-time favorite design ever. Would love a template to make mine like that... where can I get one!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually markered this in by hand. Send me an email and I'll send you a template you can print and copy off of if you really want to :)

      Delete
  5. How did you get the image to stay? What kind of markers? If you're still providing it can I also get a template please?

    ReplyDelete