- grind up a bunch of meat (sorry, didn't take any pictures of this)
- add an amount of salt equal to 0.8% times the weight of the meat
- shape into 160g patties, seal in bags (with about a teaspoon of oil [fine, three ingredients]) using the water-displacement method, and let sit in the fridge for an hour
- cook sous vide at 131F (55C) until burgers reach a core temperature of 129F (54C)
- sear on grill or with blowtorch
Here are all the burgers cooking:
Although it looks like the temperature is actually 2.2 degrees too hot, I haven't fixed the offset on the PID yet. It's actually at 55C.
The final result, perfectly medium-rare through and through, on a bun with mustard, tomato paste and vidalia onion: