Thursday, December 08, 2005

Hickory dickory dock

I was innocently sitting at my computer the other night when out of the corner of my eye I saw a brown blur. A really fast brown blur. For some reason my brain told me: Mouse. But I didn't believe it -- C'mon, a mouse on the 6th floor of a concrete walled building? On top of which, I really only thought I saw the blur out of the corner of my eye, right?
Then I heard the chewing coming from inside my desk. When I pulled out the bottom drawer a cute little mouse darted out, and dove under my backpack. I lifted up my backpack and the little guy went zipping (and skidding) across the floor and squeezed himself under my closet, which, needless to say, I could not lift. Later it ran across the room, and I think is now hiding under my roomate's bed.
So here's the question: How would you try to catch the mouse (ideally with something that may be lying around in a [my] dorm room) without killing it?

9 comments:

  1. get a subway rat to eat the mouse, then a dog to eat the rat, a tiger to eat the dog, an alligator to eat the tiger. then your stuck with an alligator...you could always make some boots

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't you do that trick where it runs into a glass bottle, then can't get out (assuming you watch so it doesn't starve) little Mickey won't be hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You coat the floor with duck tape. The mouse rans across it, gets stuck to the duck tape, and you can carry it down to ground level, where you can use industrial solvents to carefully remove the tape without ripping off the mouse's legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DWEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Little dwee mousy poo with the tini idi bit claws and the little "munch munch munch" dwee...

    ReplyDelete
  5. re: anonymous - chad gadya ...

    i'll try to find the "mice cube" for you

    ReplyDelete
  6. re: anonymous - chad gadya...

    i'll try to find the "mice cube" for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoops. then again repetition is the essence of chad gadya.
    the mice cube is on your desk. we get to find out if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any luck with the mouse cubes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes- They were delicious.

    ReplyDelete