Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Peaks

As a connesour of American national parks, I went to see the Peaks National Park, in the north midlands of England. I was impressed with the perfect combination of castles and sheep (this one is Peveril Castle with the sheep Simon, Betsy, Snowball . . . ).


We see from this scale model below that the engineers had quite a creative plan to throw off enemy attackers. They brilliantly put the moat inside the castle. I haven't yet understood why it is brilliant to do this but I'm sure that it is.




I was about to fill my canteen here, but then I saw the sign. Not drinking water, phew! Shame though, it looked delicious.

4 comments:

  1. Forgot to mention, no news from Santa yet . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh. The Castle Caerblaeggerhaeven. Historians theoize that the interior moat in combination with the moldy buildings and undrinkable water was designed to make would-be conquerors upset and disgusted with their conquest possibly leading to mass suicide in the aformentioned moat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now all we need is a post from Lumpy with pictures of NJ squirrels or Garden State Parkway traffic to round out the Lansey Brothers' World Travelogue.

    ReplyDelete