Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Botanical Gardens in January

This past Sunday I decided to go check out some botanical gardens in the LA area.  Thanks to the New York Botanical Gardens Reciprocal Program I can explore multiple gardens without having to worry about admission fees.  Some of you might say isn't this the wrong season for a trip to a botanical garden, to this I will respond "It was in the mid 70s to 80 Sunday (now I am sticking my tongue out at you midwest/east coast)."  To be fair not a lot of flowers blooming, but the gardens I went to where lovely.  The first garden I went to was the Descanso Gardens.

 While wondering around on one of the off the path paths (dirt paths off the paved ways), I came across this little guy.

On another off the beaten path I came across these flowers (and yes it does appear that the plant has some kind of fungal infection).

A flower caught in a little waterfall.

Because there was not a lot blooming the trip to the garden was more like a really long walking trail through a nice area.  So I was able to go through the whole garden rather quickly, so I decide to check out another garden.  The Japanese Gardens/Tillmann Water Treatment Plant and yes its a water reclamation plant with a Japanese garden right next to it.

 This is a closeup of the egret that is in the previous picture.



1 comment: