Sunday, June 23, 2019

Meeting Richard Stallman

I ran into Richard Stallman recently, the founder of the GNU Project! We were attending a future of transportation public meeting and he was advocating for transportation free from tracking by government / corporations. I asked him for a photo and he said it would be OK as long as I turned off the location settings so the image of him wouldn't be tracked. So I turned off location settings and put the phone in airplane mode too. Richard Stallman closed his eyes so that they couldn't scan his retina - or he blinked, not sure.

Anyway, Google was way too smart - and when I looked up the photo I noticed that it had "estimated" the location to be exactly where it was taken. So I manually changed the location to the city where I live ... according to my facebook ... the lovely island of St. Helena. The person blocked out in "people" is me (unlabeled) and not Richard - which is a good sign tracking-wise.


Below is the little manifesto that he was handing out, I have huge respect for the man and what he is working towards.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonathan:

    I tried sending this via your email form, but it may not be working!

    I was delighted that you "liked" my tweet:
    https://twitter.com/GNUcgraph/status/1187748611439910912

    So now I know that you've seen my application to AwesomeBos!!

    As the application indicates .... Please let me know if you need me to clarify any burning questions you might have.

    I'm so pleased that you actually met GNU's Chief Executive, Richard Stallman, in person:
    http://lanseybrothers.blogspot.com/2019/06/meeting-richard-stallman.html


    I've been tied up for the last few weeks responding to the ongoing attack against RMS. Big corporations are working to destroy Free Software!!

    I see that you're a data scientist. My plans for C-Graph include convolutional algorithms in the realm of computer vision and machine learning. I know that you consider that *awesome*!

    Counting on AwesomeBos to gravitate to GNU!
    http://www.codeartnow.com/gallery-1/freedom/gravitating-to-gnu

    Lickkle More

    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete