Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dinner Party

You may have figured it out by now, but if not, I was way to busy during the conclusion of my last semester to blog.  Now you may ask, but what about the last week in December, you where done with classes.  Well that was the last night of Chanukah and the night I had my traditional (as in the traditional food, not a traditional party) Eastern European dinner party.  For years my friends have heard about these foods, so I decided it was time for them to have some.

This was my second themed dinner party after the Soup Party (which I think I blogged but can't find now).  I made Challah, Tzimmes, Chulent, Vegy Kishka, Kasha Varnishkas, Potato Kugel, and Gefilta Fish and not the jarred stuff.  It was fun telling people the names of stuff than saying eat it and find out what it is.

 Orange stuff in the middle of the table is the vegy kishka, and next to it is a bowl of kasha varnishkas.

 Now you can see the challah and a better look at the kishka and kasha varnishkas.  Also, you can see some dreidel spinning going on as it was the last night  of chanukah.


 In addition to the dreidels some of Moshe's toys made it to the table.  You can see the little toy train on the table.  some of the track came out as well and there was some dreidel spinning on those.

The shoe pile.  In the end about 20 people came to the party (although not all at once, max was probably about 12-15).

No comments:

Post a Comment