Sunday, August 21, 2011

Barefoot Running

I now mostly run barefoot somewhat inspired by this article, well really that professor and his research.
We use ever more energy to produce food and run vehicles, for example, and spend ever more money on medical treatments when excess food and inactivity make us sick.

Creative Commons, photo by pantrinni

Why do I run barefoot?
I got a new pair of running shoes - that are pretty rigid - and my feet hurt when I run in them for a while. I thought - "oh I could get one of those neato vibram 5 finger gorilla shoes"
and then I thought "but I want to go running now"
and so I did.
Among other reasons - you can feel the ground with every step you take. It makes an otherwise boring run around a geese-infested lake much more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment