Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lag BaOmer In Southern California

This past week I was at Camp Pendleton at the ExFOB event (Here are some videos the Marine Corps posted from the event, I will post more in the future as they do.  Hopefully some will have me in them).  Camp Pendleton is in northern San Diego County, and as you may have heard there are some fires.  So to start you off I will show you some pictures of ground squirrels in the middle of the field where the event was held.


I will follow this up with pictures of MV-22 Ospreys I saw flying at Camp Pendleton.



Friday morning I woke up with my rental car covered in ash, and while driving home after the event I noticed that it was 110 degrees outside.



Now that I have spent all this time building up to it I will show you why no one will be lighting bonfires for Log BaOmer in my area.

 This fire was about six kilometers from where I was, and there where a few times that I saw flames.




 The ash and smoke from these fires made it all the way to Los Angeles (about 100 miles away) where there are air quality warning in places.
This is the results of a small fire that occurred on the side of I-5 after a vehicle collision last Wednesday, that closed I-5 northbound.

1 comment:

  1. Nice way to blog about your experiences. Good to see you're using official Navy & USMC posts.
    - John M.

    ReplyDelete