Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Public Safety Incident Simulation

Yesterday was T’sha B’Av, the day that the Beit Hamikdash (Temple in Jerusalem) was destroyed. It a sad day and as such I decided not to post yesterday, instead I will post today.

Today, Rutgers tested its ability to react to an on-campus incident. What precisely an on-campus incident is they did not tell us, however they did tell us that the test would involve personnel from Rutgers, Piscataway, Middlesex County, and the National Guard. I sadly was working when this test occurred (so I have no pictures :(, I believe that this is the first use of an emoticon on this blog). When I got to Rutgers later in the day and asked my friend if I had missed the situation simulation I was told yes. I asked what it involved and they told me around 30 ambulances and some police vehicles, the only evidence of the National Guard being involved was a Black Hawk helicopter flying overhead. We will hopefully never have to need to react to a bad situation at Rutgers, I hope the worse thing that ever might happen is an accident involving an ambulance pileup occurring during a simulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment