Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Cake Is Not a Lie!!!

Last week one of my good friends had a birthday, so I made dinner. The main course was a tofu stir fry, it is really good and I wont go into details except to say that is was based on a recipe of my mothers. The desert though, that is what I am here to tell you about. It was a chocolate cake, but not the chocolate cake I normally make. This was the first layer cake I have ever made, and the filling in between the layers was a chocolate hazelnut mousse. To top it all off, after I covered the entire cake with the mousse (which was amazing in its own right), I had one last topping. A milk chocolate covering that had some peanuts chopped into it like a Mr. Good Bar (although I made it by chopping some peanuts into the melted chocolate). Well I hope you are drooling, and both my parents a bunch of my friends have already had it, and I am saving peaces for my brothers and Stacy.

Of course the obligatory picture of the cake before it was cut.

And here it is cut, so you can see the layers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks really good, I can't wait to taste it.
    How did you cut the layers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, and that plate looks like home

    ReplyDelete